Wednesday, 23 January 2008

Finding that old tube of glue.

I have been busy painting, modelling and gathering forces for a Warhammer battle based in the Ascendancy world.

My 1st task was dusting off old Citadel miniature figures, lots of dwarves mounted on bits of cardboard with crude by today's standard plaster bases, these all needed the chipped paintwork touching up and then re-basing on Games workshop plastic bases.

Then I needed to help with the opposing forces, so found some old chaos thugs marauders which I had based but not painted, so these 30 figures were painted, varnished and made ready.

The scenario is based on a bolt by forces from a remote unprotected mine to safety with a ancient artifact, so last night I started scratch building a 1/60 th scale mine entrance to decorate the board, built from cardboard, balsa wood, plaster and rocks.
Building it will be a close call allowing for drying time of the plaster, and paint, so the model had to built last night, unprepared I had no materials, so nipped to the garage for glue, used some exterior filler instead of quick drying plaster, and found myself searching for small rocks by torchlight to decorate the feature, now undercoated, just needs the final paint job and few decorations.

Nearly done, I've collected the other figures, scanned over a copy of the current rules which a similar enough to the old rules I played 20 odd years ago, so that only leaves collecting my opponent and playing the game, all of which I'm looking forward to.

A few of 250 dwarves re-based


  1. 10 out of 10 for the mine :-)
    Hope you had a good day.

  2. What surprised me what how tiny the mine was in real life! Well done on making it look so realistic and to scale.

    And thanks for collecting Dave :)